- What's On
- Retreats & Classes
- Meditation & Classes
- Buddhist Retreats
- About Us
Pilgrim Lodge, Wollongong’s unique accommodation setting. This 100 room facility (motel), which is opened all year round is located in the grounds of Nan Tien Temple, the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern hemisphere. The Lodge overlooks the lotus pond, peaceful Temple, splendid gardens, the beautiful rolling hills and famous escarpment of the Illawarra.
Ideal for general guests, overnight functions / conferences, group bookings or special group packages which can include:
- Participate in a guided tour
- Experience the serenity & power of the drum & bell ceremony
- Enjoy peace and tranquillity through gentle Tai Chi, Meditation, Tea ceremony and Chinese craft
- Stroll the lush gardens, sit by the ponds and enjoy your comfortable accommodation.
Rooms are configured to accommodate singles, families and groups. Most rooms have views overlooking the gardens. The Lodge also facilitates easy access rooms for people with a disability.
Each level has a guest tea room for making tea and coffee. Guests can also book at the Pilgrim Lodge for dinner and breakfast which is held at the Dinning Hall.
As well as accommodation, Pilgrim Lodge also hosts a meeting/business room for quests and/or private hire; laundry facilities, lounge and study room.
Check in - between 1pm – 9.00pm; Check out 10am.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
No Smoking, Alcohol or Meat of any kind is permitted on the Temple grounds
*There will be 10% surcharge if room service is required on weekends or public holidays.
All guests please follow temple DRESS CODE AND ETIQUETTE:
- Please wear appropriate attire and be suitably covered i.e. no shorts, singlets or thongs.
- Please remove shoes and hats before entering the shrines.
- Children are to be supervised at all times.
- Picnics are not allowed within the Temple grounds.
- No meat, fish, non-vegetarian products or alcohol are to be brought into the Temple grounds.
- No smoking is allowed within the Temple grounds.
- No photography or video recording is permitted inside the buildings.
- Pets are not allowed into the Temple grounds.
To make a booking, please contact us.
Nan Tien Temple Pilgrim Lodge
180 Berkeley Road, Berkeley
Phone: +61 2 4272 0500
Facsimile: +61 2 4272 0690