- What's On
- Retreats & Classes
- About Us
Eight Precepts Retreat
Lay Buddhists have the opportunity to retreat from the world. This retreat offers peace, tranquility and mindfullness in daily life, and encourage self-cultivation.
The Eight Precepts to be undertaken by all participants are:
- To refrain from destroying living creatures.
- To refrain from taking that which is not given.
- To refrain from sexual activity.
- To refrain from false and incorrect speech.
- To refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs.
- To refrain from eating after midday (except if necessary for medical reasons).
- To refrain from sensual entertainment and use of bodily adornments.
- To refrain from using a high or luxurious bed.
a) To allow lay Buddhists a chance to practise traditional Buddhist etiquettes.
a) Must have right understanding and right beliefs on Buddhism.